Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Peaceful Easy Feeling

"I just love singing with other people, finding harmony parts and blending..."

Absolutely True... I would not have been able to say it better... But those are not my words... That line was quoted by one of the very best...




Classic Rock Legend Glenn Frey... who's took a trip to his heavenly above, this day last year... 




Was introduced to the Eagles in my late-teens, around the same time I started as an RJ at the radio station in Mumbai... and thoroughly enjoyed the music especially their fantastic harmony... Having grown up with harmony myself, I'd never ever miss the chance to harmonize either in the choir, or anytime I jam up with the band at my various events.

Back to Glenn Frey, this blog had a post on his last birthday - 6 Nov 2015 - titled Saxy Guitars including some of his special songs... The biggest song ever from the Eagles has and possibly will always be Hotel California - the dream song that every guitarist would like to play... 




At Grammy 2016, his co-band members from the Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy Schmidt performed a tribute to Glenn Frey along with Jackson Browne who co-wrote Take It Easy with Glenn...



Jackson Browne says, "I used to not sing Take It Easy because I just had the feeling when I was singing it that everybody thought I was singing an Eagles song. The truth is, that song, because of the Eagles' hit, and because of what Glenn did to that song, it's hugely popular – probably the most famous song I ever had anything to do with – and a complete joy to play."

And Glenn Frey said "Take it Easy was the beginning of country rock."

And speaking of country, here's a tribute to Glenn from the heart of the country - the Grand Ole Opry - Vince Gill singing Peaceful Easy Feeling.



Will leave you with a song, that I just heard earlier today... written by Glenn Frey and Jack Tempchin... and featured on the Eagles' final album - Long Road out of Eden. I found this song on the default page of the Eagles' website... a song titled It's Your World Now. If I weren't at work right now, I'd possibly have a tear rolling down my cheek in his memory.



How did you like this post? What's your favorite Glenn Frey song? Do share in the comments right here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs