Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Two Years of #AMusicalTwist

Was a pleasant Sunday afternoon and I had just been introduced to blogging at the Digital Marketing course I was attending at Don Bosco Centre of Learning. And an idea lit up... What does it take to create one? That's how it began... this blog, #AMusicalTwistToLife... with a quick chat on Music and Math.

This blog has had quite a journey over the past twenty-four months finding the musical twist in almost everything in life. And of course it has been quite a journey for me. On this second anniversary, I thought I'd revisit some of the special moments I've cherished creating and writing this blog...

Less than a month after starting this blog, I was invited to go Back To School - not one but two - the first invitation was back at my basic school where I spent twelve precious years of learning - Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Chembur - where I was called on to help the Secondary Choir prepare for the school feast. 

The second invitation was to my Business School - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS Mumbai) - where I took on the prestigious role of Guest Faculty teaching Digital Marketing. And almost at the same time, I took on another Guest Faculty assignment teaching CRM at Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications (SIMC Pune) - Music, Digital Marketing, CRM ... all rolled in one.

Happy Friendship Day in August connected me to friends from school, college, business school, work colleagues, and friends from absolutely everywhere. The warm response and the connections inspired me to pick up the pace on this blog. Besides Independence Day, Teachers Day, Mothers Day, etc... we celebrated many happy days, and paid tributes on some sad ones...

2015 was a year for new beginnings - this blog being only one of the new things that began for me. 



Things moved at a rapid pace through 2016 with more than a hundred posts for the year... 130 to be precise. Rewind 2016 highlighted the special moments on the blog while celebrating the top posts of the year on diverse topics including films, travel and even animals - enough reason to do the TWIST.



At this two-year mark, I've put up a total of 230 posts and nearing 20,000 pageviews on this blog. 

During this year like in others, we've celebrated Birthdays - of musicians famous and not so famous - my favorite birthday post being that of my son going eight a couple of weeks ago. He's Eight Today - This Musical Little Boy

Weddings were memorable - and so were anniversaries especially those of loved ones. Bees Saal Baad being extremely special. 

Whether the music is nostalgic like the Ventures or contemporary and glamourous like Lady Gaga, I'm glad that you all have been enjoying the posts.


Thanks again to one and all for reading and listening to #AMusicalTwistToLife




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs