Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Singing Priest

Haven't we all encountered a singing priest? I have encountered many of them over the various parishes and choirs I have participated in over the years. But there is one who has had a very special role to play in my life. 





My Dad's eldest brother was based in Allahabad and made frequent trips to Mumbai. And everytime we would meet him he had a special collection of songs/hymns up his sleeve. When I was in my early teens, with my voice undergoing a change, a song that I heard him sing won me many a prize at singing competitions that I participated in. I even sung this song as a special at various Church services. 

"Somebody Bigger Than You And I" was sung by Elvis. I learnt it from Fr. Eric. And I dedicate it with a special prayer for his soul on his '80th Birth Anniversary'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs