Wednesday, December 30, 2015

They're Playing Our Song

Earlier this year, I attended the wedding of a friend at the St. Anthony's Club Grounds (OLPS), Chembur. As the evening progressed, it was time for the first dance. And my wife got super-excited when they played Our Song.

On our fourteenth anniversary today, I thought I'd share the same song with you all - in fact I have the same track that was played for our very first dance together as man and wife. 


The Wedding Special is among the most important song of the wedding reception. The song that we first danced too tends to be the anthem of our marriage. Since we're on the topic, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite songs that I've heard and sung as wedding special over the years. 

An eternal favorite and possibly the earliest one I've heard is definitely "Pledging My Love"  by none other than Elvis Presley. 

Pledging My Love - Elvis Presley

Though sung by the legendary Lobo, I remember hearing this song only in the mid to late nineties as a First Dance song. 

Faithful - Lobo


During my band days in the early nineties, a favorite of mine was "I Swear" by the chocolate boy band, 'All 4 One'.


I Swear - All 4 One

Shania Twain dominated the Wedding charts in the late nineties, with not one, but two songs that qualified for the spot.


From This Moment On - Shania Twain



You're Still The One - Shania Twain





In the more recent times, there have not been enough of these committed love songs. One of the few songs I can think of is 'All Of Me' - by John Legend. 



All Of Me - John Legend





And the bridal special at the most recent weddings I conducted were 'Original Sin'  by Elton John and 'Beautiful In White' by Westlife. 



Original Sin - Elton John








Beautiful In White - Elton John








If you getting married soon and looking for a song, I hope this helped...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs