Sunday, August 6, 2017

Happy Friendship Day


'Twas the First Sunday of August two years ago, and I spent some time writing a blog post to celebrate #FriendshipDay - Happy Friendship Day. The next few days got me a host of connections on Facebook and Twitter from a host of old friends - from school, colleges, work places and just other people I met someplace sometime. 

Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to connect back with friends in school to work towards the celebration of OLPS DIAMOND JUBILEE ALUMNI REUNION as my school (and now the school of my kids) celebrates 60 years of existence. And as I reminisce of the years gone by while enjoying the thrill of being back in Mumbai, I thought I'd share my favorite friendship tunes from the Hindi movies...

Starting with the Friendship Anthem of the movies, from the biggest blockbuster of the 70s - SHOLAY - Yeh Dosti.


Back in the 70s, there was also this powerful song that compared friendship to faith and life.... ZANJEER - Yaari Hai iman Mera Yaar Meri Zindagi (Friendship is my Faith, My Friend is my Life).


The last Friendship song for this post, was released in the year 1999 (takes me back to my RJ days at AIR FM) and featured in the school film - Rockford - Yaaron Dosti.


So once again, wishing all my friends (schoolmates, college friends, colleagues at work, students, neighbours, associates, acquaintances and just everybody around...),  a VERY VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY... It's great to be connected.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs