Sunday, January 1, 2017

16 Going On 17

The messages on social media - especially WhatsApp have been pouring in much faster that I've been able to process them since early in the day yesterday. But for the musical mind in me - this picture actually got my attention...



That picture took me straight back to The Sound Of Music to the Von Trapp garden with Liesl and Rolf. (Charmain Carr who played Liesl in the movie was 16 going on 17 in the movie, but did not make it with us to 2017).

Which other songs do you know with the number 17?...



The first song I can think of is the 'Rock n Roll' favorite by the Beatles which forms an integral part of the Jive set I used to sing in the band... I Saw Her Standing There (Just Seventeen) by the Beatles - performed by an all musical starcast here...

Seventeen is an interesting age... I have my fair share of them being part of the Confirmation Catechesis team at the parish... the group includes really talented youth waiting to make their mark wherever they go... I sincerely wish them all the very best in this year 2017.


Also wishing all the readers and listeners of this blog post a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017... While this year has been dedicated by the UN as the International Year for Sustainable Tourism For Development, I extend the invitation to make a little contribution to this effort...


HAVE A WONDERFUL 

DAY 

MONTH 

YEAR 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs