Sunday, November 1, 2015

Oh When the Saints...

Today is All Saints Day. 

Spent the nice Sunday morning in church at Mass and then Catechism. And among other topics, touched briefly on all the saints - named and unnamed for whom we celebrate this feast. 

While there are many hymns to various saints and hymns written to sayings by saints, I think there is one universal song of the day. The most versatile song that I've ever come across. In fact this is one of the first songs I learnt to play on the piano as well as the guitar.  

Hope you enjoy the few versions below:  

Choral Music with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir



Barbershop Style by the Four Connors



Jazz with Louis Armstrong 


Pickin' up the Blues with B.B. King


The Pianist in 10 Classical, Pop and Dance Styles
And this final one goes out to all my pianist friends around the world. Share it with your pianists and tag them along the way. 



Share your comments on the versions...or even better give me a link to a version you like that I don't have here. Or your own version of this all-time popular tune. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs